Welcome to an exclusive journey through India’s most opulent accommodations. In this immersive exploration, we will unveil the 10 most luxurious hotels that embody the essence of lavishness, extravagance, and refined hospitality.
From palatial retreats nestled amidst picturesque landscapes to regal city sanctuaries boasting world-class amenities, these magnificent establishments redefine the concept of luxury. Get ready to be amazed by the splendour and magnificence of India’s greatest hotels, which promise a unique experience of luxury and comfort.
#1. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur
The Oberoi Udaivilas, a perfect fusion of royal elegance and contemporary power, is located in the royal city of Udaipur, facing Lake Pichola. The most expensive hotel room in Udaipur is located in this exquisite property.
- Room prices start from approximately ₹62,500 per night.
- Luxuries include a private pool, personalised butler service, and revitalising spa services.
- Enjoy gourmet dining at their top-rated restaurants.
#2. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
The Taj Lake Palace, a magnificent white marble floating on Lake Pichola, offers a surreal stay experience to its guests with its lavish interiors and mesmerising views.
- Room costs begin at around ₹51,500 per night.
- Luxurious accommodations with breathtaking lake views.
- Royal spa services, fine meals on a boat, and customised cultural trips are available.
#3. Rambagh Palace, Jaipur
Rambagh Palace, formerly the Maharaja of Jaipur’s home, maintains its regal magnificence while providing an impression of royal living in its expensive hotel suites.
- The nightly minimum for a room is roughly ₹47,750.
- Suites furnished with antiques and fine artwork.
- Enjoy polo matches, trips in classic cars, and a magnificent wellness centre.
#4. The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
The Oberoi Amarvilas, only 600 metres from the famous Taj Mahal, offer visitors breathtaking views of this marvel from each accommodation. The rich decor and Mughal architecture take you to a royal past.
- The starting rate for a hotel room is around ₹58,800 per night.
- Some exclusive amenities include private balconies, intimate in-room dining, and a holistic spa.
- The hotel offers customised moonlit meals with views of the Taj Mahal.
#5. Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
A regal experience is provided at the architectural marvel in Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhawan Palace. With the most expensive room a hotel provides in Jodhpur, its Art Deco interiors and sandstone exterior say effectively about its former grandeur.
- The starting price for a suite is about ₹ 53,051 per night.
- The amenities include a Zodiac Pool, a large museum, and antique vehicle displays.
- Both gourmet experiences and signature spa treatments are offered.
#6. The Oberoi, Mumbai
The Oberoi, which dominates Mumbai’s skyline, provides an unrivalled perspective of the Arabian Sea. It is one of Mumbai’s top luxury attractions due to its decor and welcoming staff.
- Prices for rooms begin at about ₹17,500 per night.
- A fitness centre, health spa, and 24-hour services are available as amenities.
- It houses some of the top fine-dining establishments in the city.
#7. Udaipur’s Leela Palace
The Leela Palace Udaipur, one of India’s top 10 expensive hotels, is tucked away among the magnificent Aravalli hills and offers views of Lake Pichola.
- Prices start at around 55,000 per night.
- A rooftop eating area, an outdoor pool, and a spa are available amenities.
- Take advantage of exclusive boat cruises and chef-led cooking classes.
#8. The Leela Palace, New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi, located in the city’s centre, is the pinnacle of luxury. It claims to be the fanciest hotel in India, with its regal architecture and lavish interiors.
- The nightly rate for rooms is around ₹23,000.
- A health spa, rooftop terrace, and an infinity pool are features.
- Enjoy delicious international cuisine at their renowned restaurants.
#9. Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai is an architectural wonder representing India’s long history. It has been providing unrivalled luxury to visitors since 1903. Every visitor continues to be charmed by its immense charm.
- The starting rate for a hotel room is about ₹20,000 per night.
- A large ballroom, a fitness centre, and yacht charter services are available as amenities.
- Ten award-winning restaurants and bars are located within the hotel.
#10. Wildflower Hall, Shimla, in the Himalayas
Shimla’s Wildflower Hall, perched atop the Himalayan peaks, provides an unmatched luxury experience with panoramic views of the mountains and forests and an escape into the arms of nature.
- The starting rate for a room is about ₹22,000 per night.
- A heated indoor pool, an outdoor jacuzzi, and an adventure desk are available as amenities.
- Pan-Indian and foreign cuisine is served in the restaurant with panoramic views.
India’s top 10 expensive hotels redefine luxury, blending royal heritage with world-class amenities. From floating palaces and royal residences to modern architectural marvels, these hotels ensure a stay that echoes the opulence of maharajas.
They are more than just hotels; they celebrate Indian culture and grandeur, promising an unforgettable experience. So, on your next visit to India, add these luxurious retreats to your itinerary.